*Open To Ages 13-24*
Join Loco Bloco’s Performance Ensemble & Perform At Community Events Throughout The Bay Area & Be Featured In Loco Bloco’s Self-Produced Shows – All Levels & Experience Welcome – Come Ready To Dance, Drum & Shine contact email@example.com
Under the Direction of Pedro Gomez, Loco Bloco’s Performance Ensemble is a intermediate-to-advanced performance program for high-school & transitional aged youth. The Performance Ensemble creates, rehearses and presents Afro-Latino music & dance as a tool to promote youth voice and community-building. Loco Bloco’s Performance Ensemble is invited to performance at festivals and community events throughout the Bay Area.
Through this program, youth learn to:
- Collaborate & develop creative visions into music and dance pieces.
- Collaborate with their peers.
- Set goals & achieve them through time management and commitment
- Comfortably speak and perform in public.
- Experience a strong support system and build positive relationships.
- Build confidence and explore and express who they are.
- Use art as a form of education and tool to address personal struggles and social injustices.
- Break down and overcome stereotypes
Performance Ensemble Requirements
1 year experience training & performing in your art form. Successful audition.
- Attend and arrive on time to all rehearsals.
- Read and adhere to Participant Agreements at all times.
- In case you cannot make rehearsal or class, please notify Pedro or the instructor within 24 hrs by phone call.
- Absence Policy – do not miss more than 2 rehearsals/shows per semester. (unless pre-arranged with musical director)
Participate in consistent, weekly training opportunities in your art form either through Loco Bloco’s Community Class or classes at school or other studios.
- Be available as possible for every show. Keep track of shows in your personal calendar.
- Know your artistic responsibilities & practice outside of rehearsal time.
- Read and adhere to Participant Agreements at all times (on your way to, during, and after shows)
- Be punctual to call times and do not leave shows without signing out with a staff member.
Each Ensemble performer will contribute to Loco Bloco artistically by creating & teaching a piece of music and/or choreography to be performed at an LB event (Dia de Los Muertos, Dec Showcase, Gala, On the Hill, Carnaval).
Auditions are ongoing – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining or for more info