My name is Cy. I am currently a senior at Lick-Wilmerding High School, and I have been drumming with Loco Bloco since freshman year. I participated in the last three Carnavals, and have drummed in numerous other performances with LB, including playing drum kit in our production of On the Hill: I am Alex Nieto. Outside of Loco Bloco I play drum kit for the Jazz Combo at my school, and am in the mentorship program for the SFJazz High School All Stars. I also play baseball at my school.
Hi my name is Assata, I currently go to Ruth Asawa School Of The Arts for Theater Tech and Costume Design. I really enjoy dance, it is a way for me to express myself and have fun with people I enjoy. I also like learning how to become a better drummer day by day.
Antonio is a Freshman at Summit Shasta High School. He enjoys playing basketball, running for cross country, and making music. He has been drumming since he joined Loco Bloco for a year in 2014. Antonio also participated in his school drumline for two years in middle school. He also produces beats in his free time, and he wants to become a professional music producer someday.
My name is Jeanine but y’all can call me Nini. I go to Mission High School, I’m in the 10th grade. In Ensemble I dance and drum. I’m in Loco Bloco because it’s a fun way to express the artistic side of myself and I like showing everyone around me that I’m proud of my roots and that I have love for my community.
Daniela is currently a 9th grader at Ruth Asawa San Francisco School of the Arts. She is part of the World Dance program. Daniela is a part of the Loco Bloco Ensemble as a dancer. She enjoys the community and everything Loco Bloco stands for.
|photo coming soon||Beet G.
My name is Beet and I go to SOTA for World Dance. I’ve been stilting and dancing with Loco Bloco for 5 years and I’ve been in ensemble for 2 years. I’m in ensemble to perform, improve and also because over the years we have become a family.
|photo coming soon||Mireya
Mireya, A.K.A. ‘Deya is a 15-year old singer, rapper, and songwriter, born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. She uses her music as a way to express the experiences in her life and spread messages of hope and inspiration. In 2017, ‘Deya featured on the song and music video “Generations” with singer/ artivist Calina Lawrence. ‘Deya has been a featured performer for several community-based events such as the Xicana Moratorium, Courage Awards 5-Year Gala, Reclaiming Cinco de Mayo, the California Alliance for Youth and Community Justice Convening, Galería de la Raza- Lunada, and more. She thrives to help build a better community around her, and for future generations
|Jermaine W.||bio coming soon|
|Simone J.||bio coming soon|
|Chevy K.||bio coming soon|
|Octavio G-F.||bio coming soon|
|Camila R.||bio coming soon|
|Laith C.||bio coming soon|
|Leiyah T-R.||bio coming soon|
|Daniela G.||bio coming soon|
|Ariel M-O.||bio coming soon|
Want To Join Loco Bloco’s Performance Ensemble?
*Open To Ages High School-24*
Join Loco Bloco’s Performance Ensemble! Perform At Community Events Throughout The Bay Area & Be Featured In Loco Bloco’s Self-Produced Shows. All Levels & Experience Welcome –
Through this program, youth learn to:
- Collaborate & develop creative visions into music and dance pieces.
- Collaborate with their peers.
- Set goals & achieve them through time management and commitment
- Comfortably speak and perform in public.
- Experience a strong support system and build positive relationships.
- Build confidence and explore and express who they are.
- Use art as a form of education and tool to address personal struggles and social injustices.
- Break down and overcome stereotypes
Performance Ensemble Requirements
1 year experience training & performing in your art form. Successful audition.
- Attend and arrive on time to all rehearsals.
- Read and adhere to Participant Agreements at all times.
- In case you cannot make rehearsal or class, please notify Pedro or the instructor within 24 hrs by phone call.
- Absence Policy – do not miss more than 2 rehearsals/shows per semester. (unless pre-arranged with musical director)
Participate in consistent, weekly training opportunities in your art form either through Loco Bloco’s Community Class or classes at school or other studios.
- Be available as possible for every show. Keep track of shows in your personal calendar.
- Know your artistic responsibilities & practice outside of rehearsal time.
- Read and adhere to Participant Agreements at all times (on your way to, during, and after shows)
- Be punctual to call times and do not leave shows without signing out with a staff member.
Each Ensemble performer will contribute to Loco Bloco artistically by creating & teaching a piece of music and/or choreography to be performed at an LB event (Dia de Los Muertos, Dec Showcase, Gala, On the Hill, Carnaval).
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining or for more info